When you buy an all-terrain vehicle (ATV), it will come equipped with the manufacturer-approved ATV tires already mounted on the wheels. These ATV tires are known as original manufacturer (OEM) tires. While they are intended for use on your specific ATV model, they tend to be poorly structured, spin too much, and get worn out too soon. That’s why most people look for other ATV tires, not just to replace their existing ones, but also to improve the performance of their vehicle.
Enter the Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire, an excellent radial model with directional tread pattern. The lugs on the treads have little sips on them to provide great traction on all terrains. This tire will work well on different types of surface and in different weather conditions. Whatever it is that you’re using your ATV for, you can be sure that these ATV tires will deliver a smooth and stable driving experience at all times.
The Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire comes in a variety of sizes, ranging from 23” to 26” in height, and 7” to 11” in width. They are made for rim diameters of up to 12”, but the 26” supports a 14” rim. If you own a Polaris EFI 500, this is the only tire currently available that can fit your vehicle and replace the worn out OEM ATV tires your machine originally came with.
- Radial tire with directional tread pattern
- Height to width ratio ranges from 23/7 to 26/11
- Mounts onto a wheel that’s 12” (23” to 25” models) or 14” (26” model) inches in diameter
- Weighs a little over 17 lbs.
- Speed rating C means it will support driving speeds of up to 37 miles per hour
- Reinforced sidewalls for a more even ride
- Sips are added on lugs for optimum traction and durability
- You can use the tire on either the front or the rear wheels
- This is the only model that fits Polaris ATVs
- The tire operates very quietly because of the additional siping on the lugs
- Unique sidewall design and gapped tread pattern provide stability across different surfaces
- The tire is excellent at handling mud and trails
- Works well in all weather conditions
- Semi-aggressive design promotes good traction and steering control
- Gaps between treads allow the tire to clean itself while on the go
- Very lightweight compared to other ATV tires available
- Fitting the tire can be a bit complicated if you’ve never done it before
- No multi-pack options available
- Prone to punctures if driven aggressively
- Although very affordable, it’s a bit more expensive than other, cheap ATV tires
The Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire is a great, fairly inexpensive tire that promotes a smooth ride with great traction. Because of its dimensions, it is particularly great for Polaris vehicles, as it’s the only model on the market that will fit them. The tire works well in all weather conditions and on different terrains.
The small sips on the lugs of the treads ensure that your tires won’t produce too much noise while they’re moving. They will also be spinning a lot less than the OEM ATV tires, and will, therefore, last considerably longer. What’s more, if you follow the directional tread pattern, you can fit them either on the front or the back of your ATV.
When compared to similarly designed and priced ATV tires, like the SunF A033 ATV Tire and the Wanda P341 ATV/UTV Tire, the Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire fares rather well. It matches the other two in terms of the quality of the build, adaptability to different types of use, as well as optimum performance across all terrains in different weather conditions.
They all use 6-ply rated materials to deliver a smooth transition between two different surfaces and to sustain regular use. One area where the Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire really excels is the noise it produces during the ride; we’ve noticed that this tire is much quieter than all other ATV tires we’ve tried—and we’ve tried many.
Finally, the Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire is the only model out of this three that goes up to a 26” width. If you own a Polaris ATV, then this should be your go-to replacement tires for the OEM ones.
The Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire is an excellent choice among many different budget-friendly ATV tires. Its performance and durability are on par with those you’d find in only the best ATV and UTV tires. Because of its size, if you happen to own an ATV manufactured by Polaris, your search for new tires should end at the Carlisle A.C.T. ATV Tire. Having tested it, we can see why many ATV manufacturers choose Carlisle as their go-to supplier of high quality tires. You’ll love them, too.
Use the search to find the tires, sizes and sets of tires your looking for!