The Carlisle AT489C ATV Tire – 24X8-12 is the perfect choice for two-wheel and four-wheel-drive ATVs, as it easily fulfils OEM requirements across different vehicles. With its tread pattern creating a balance between comfort and aggressiveness, the Carlisle AT489C is suitable for both mud and hard surfaces.
Though lightweight, it scores a lot of points with its high puncture resistance, and produces good control on normal roads as well. With limited use over roads, wearing off of tires can be controlled. If buyers are planning to use this ATV tire on sand, they won’t be disappointed.
It can pull their golf carts across greater distances over sand and without stalling. This tubeless tire is sold as an all-terrain, offering fitting easily into different ATVs.
- Designed for both 2WDs and 4WDs
- Comes as a tubeless tire
- Weighs in at a light 13.6 lbs.
- Available as an all-terrain tire
- Categorized as a bias tire
- Can be easily mounted on the ATV
- Designed with a traction tread pattern
- Suitable as OEM tire for all kinds of ATV models
- Made of puncture-resistant material
- Manufactured as a lightweight tire
- Generates enough traction to tow loads
- Made in US
- Free shipping
- Designed for maximum traction over all surfaces
- Strikes a good balance between traction, handling, and ride
- Comes with a widely spaced tread pattern to enable excellent cleanouts in mud
- Sold at a great price with no shipping charges
- Performs solidly on all surfaces including mud, hard pack, and snow
- Designed to pull heavy loads
- Offers maximum control and traction
- Comes as a lightweight tire with superior shock absorption
- Has a rounded profile for increased maneuverability and superior cornering
- Can handle snow very well
- Throws gravel with great efficiency
- Not approved for highway use, as it is tubeless with bias-ply construction
- May leave marks on hard surfaces
- More durable on sand than other surfaces, including creeks or soft surfaces
- Develops bubbles over the tread at times
The Carlisle AT489C ATV Tire – 24X8-12 is designed for 2WD and 4WD applications attracting buyers who own both kinds of vehicles. Though it does get worn out over hard surfaces, this ATV tire can match the best when it comes to drawing load on snow. If that’s the idea, then buying a Carlisle AT489C will serve the purpose.
With its thoughtful design working on all surfaces, buyers with limited ranch or flat surface usage in mind will enjoy the many options this tire has to offer. Rounded edges afford better maneuvering around corners. There is also the added benefit of comfortable rides over hard surfaces with its soft-material construction.
If comparisons are made between the Carlisle AT489C ATV Tire – 24X8-12 and similar offerings like the ITP Mud Lite AT Mud Terrain ATV Tire 24×8-12, Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire – 24X8.00-12, and Carlisle AT489XL ATV Tire – 25X8-12, then several factors must be considered including adaptability to newer models, extra features that increase traction, and additional weight creating more solidity.
Features may vary based on specific requirements that can be taken into consideration while making an informed buying decision.
The ITP Mud Lite AT Mud Terrain ATV Tire 24×8-12 offers riders the thrill of taking on muddy conditions with its firmer surface grip. If better control and comfort over bumpy conditions are needed, there is little doubt the ITP Mud Lite will score over the others.
Made of lightweight material and delivered with a 6-ply rating, this tire will interest buyers looking for affordable options with racing conditions in mind. It also comes at an attractive price, making it a good alternative for sporting buffs.
The Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire – 24X8.00-12 is also a good option considering it is one of the cheapest tires available in this segment. Riders looking for additional safety in cold winter conditions will prefer the Kenda Bearclaw, as it provides exceptional cleanouts managed by specially designed lugs.
A good choice for winter sports, it also adapts well to muddy conditions. Bearclaw is noted to produce tires with extremely good traction, and this offering is no different.
The Carlisle AT489XL ATV Tire – 25X8-12 is the preferred choice in the AT489 category with its additional weight offering a more secure ride with additional hardness.
With these available choices, buyers will be interested in making their choice based on pricing, adaptability to specific weather conditions, and control over rough terrain. Though it is priced slightly higher than the other offerings in this category, the Carlisle AT489C ATV Tire – 24X8-12 is glaringly different with its better pulling capacity in snow.
The ITP Mud Lite does come at an attractive price, while the Kenda Bearclaw K299 offers great traction; however, the Carlisle AT489C is a good choice for the overall benefits it offers. Buyers can always opt for the XL model if more tire weight is required.
Use the search to find the tires, sizes and sets of tires your looking for!