The Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire – 25×8.00-12 is one of the cheapest ATV tires currently available. Especially designed to withstand low temperatures, this Bearclaw model adapts very well to snowy conditions. Not to mention, its section width of 25” engulfs an aggressive tread pattern capable of great cleanouts enabled by widely spaced lugs.
Reinforced tire construction increases puncture resistance, while the wheel is protected by its built-in rim guard. Whether it’s a firm grip you require or good performance in muddy conditions, the Kenda K299 angled knobs produce the results you need, and the tire lives up to the enviable reputation built by the Bearclaw brand name.
- Comes with dimensions of 25” x 25” x 8”
- Weighs in at a light 17.4 pounds
- Backed by the original Bearclaw
- Has a rubber hardness of 62 on the IHRD scale
- Comes with a puncture rating of 58 pounds
- Delivered as a 6-ply tire with bias ply
- Takes a maximum load capacity of 155 kgs.
- Has a maximum rating of 7 PSI
- Designed with a rim size of 12”
- Sold as a tubeless tire
- Comes ready for front and back tire applications
- Fitted with angled knobs for maximum traction
- Fitted with center lugs offering great steering control
- Comes with angled knobs for maximum grip
- Equipped with a built-in guard for added grip and steering control
- Has an aggressive tread pattern for better cleanouts
- Produces good traction in extremely tough conditions
- Lugs running down the center for better control in deep mud
- Manufactured with special tread compound for smoother ride on hard surfaces
- Has increased tread life with special snag- and tear-resistant materials
- Fitted with 6-ply rated tough cast for added puncture resistance
- Has a unique rim guard to protect against dents and dings
- Low wearing of rubber on both the road and trail
- Equipped with side lugs to enable positive cornering
- Recommended for off-highway use
- Variable dimensions to some extent
- Small lugs suitable for trail riding
- Tendency to get deformed during packaging
The Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire – 25×8.00-12 is regarded a great choice among users who prefer good steering control. As the brand name suggests, this ATV tire is favored for its added grip due to innovative additions like its built-in guard and lugs running down its center.
Enough thought has been given to ensure smoother rides on hard surfaces with its special tread compound composition. All in all, a good choice for users looking for longer tire life and smoother rides on trails.
As compared to the Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire – 25×8.00-12, the ITP Mud Lite AT Mud Terrain ATV Tire 25×10-12, the Carlisle AT489C ATV Tire – 25X10-12, and the ITP Mud Lite XL Mud Terrain ATV Tire 25×10-12 are other choices available in this category. While the ITP Mud Lite AT matches the Kenda Bearclaw K299 in price, these other choices cannot be ignored simply because they have special features that may interest buyers.
Sports enthusiasts like what ITP offers with this model, while the Carlisle offering has similar specs, but comes at a hefty price.
The ITP Mud Lite AT Mud Terrain ATV Tire 25×10-12 is sporty in looks and has the right specifications to impress riders challenging difficult mud and trail ranges in any weather. Its 6-ply construction makes it popular with sportspersons who seek better control.
There are less chances of slippage. Easily matching existing and newly released models, this tire can take on the bumpiest of surfaces and still produce optimum control with minimal vibrations.
The ITP Mud Lite XL Mud Terrain ATV Tire 25×10-12 is another choice among riders who seek smoother rides enabled by a 1 x 1/8″ lug resulting in center contact. This is an additional feature that will encourage buyers in comparison to the Mud Lite AT version.
The Carlisle AT489C ATV Tire – 25X10-12 stands out as an adjustable tire that can be used in both 2WDs and 4WDs without losing traction. Though it is essentially meant to be used on mud tracks and trails, this lightweight tire fulfils variable OEM requirements and sets a good balance between control and maneuvering across aggressive riding conditions.
Golfers will find their ATVs can easily draw loads on sand. Users also back this model for its wide range of uses over hard and soft surfaces.
After comparing these different items, a choice can be made based on price range, additional features, or special needs. If price is the criteria, Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire – 25×8.00-12 matches the ITP Mud Lite XL Mud Terrain ATV tire but scores over it by offering better control in colder conditions.
Features like the built-in rim guard and reinforced tire construction are also attractive additions. While the ITP Mud Lite AT is a recommendation that goes well with sportspersons, the Kenda Bearclaw K299 has a better chance of performing well in snowy conditions and comes at a price point that will attract buyers.
Use the search to find the tires, sizes and sets of tires your looking for!